Information collected: We may collect the following personal data when you visit our website: (1) Personal data provided when you complete forms available on our website; (2) Personal data you provide when you contact us; (3) Personal data relating to: (a) your application for employment at Law Office, and/or (b) your attendance at an Law Office event; and (4) Details of visits to our website, such as the volume of traffic received, IP address, logs and the resources which have been accessed.
How your information is used: We use information you provide to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. With the exception of vendors providing hosting, database management and development services related to the operation of these websites, we will not disclose, sell or rent any of your personal data to any third party unless approved by you or required by law.
Links to other sites: We may provide links to other websites for your information or convenience. Such websites are independently operated and not under our control. We are not responsible for the content of these websites or any products or services offered through them.
Choice: We will not use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without first letting you know and offering you a choice. As previously stated, we will also provide you the opportunity to let us know if you do not wish to receive unsolicited direct marketing materials from us.
Commitment to data security: To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we use commercially appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. However, we have put in place security procedures as set forth in this policy. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
The Law Office of Jeffrey Herman, PLC is principally a federal law practice. A vast majority of the types of legal matters we handle involve applications before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the United States Copyright Office. In rare instances, we may handle a contractual matter, a corporation formation, or IP litigation. In matters involving state law, an associate or of counsel attorney licensed in good standing within the relevant jurisdiction is the supervising attorney over that matter. A clear delineation of authority is fully explained to every client in advance of forming an attorney/client relationship (both orally and in writing).
- Jeffrey R. Herman is an attorney in good standing and admitted to the State Bar of California and the Supreme Court of the United States of America.
Mr. Herman is founder and managing member of Law Office of Jeffrey Herman, PLC.
- Erik E. Boardman is an attorney in good standing and admitted to the State Bar of Arizona and the Supreme Court of the United States of America. Mr. Boardman is an of counsel attorney for the Law Office of Jeffrey Herman, PLC.
- Enrique Monteagudo is a registered patent attorney in good standing and admitted to the State Bar of Arizona and the Supreme Court of the United States of America. He is also authorized to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Mr. Monteagudo is an of counsel attorney for the Law Office of Jeffrey Herman, PLC.
- Lori Woodward is a registered patent attorney in good standing and admitted to the State Bar of Arizona, the State Bar of California, and the Supreme Court of the United States of America. She is also authorized to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Mrs. Woodward is an of counsel attorney for the Law Office of Jeffrey Herman, PLC.
- Edwin Wold is a registered patent agent and is authorized to file patent applications on behalf of inventors before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Rule governing practice of law as published by the State Bar of Arizona:
Ethical Rule 5.5(d) states the following:
(d) A lawyer admitted in another United States jurisdiction, or a lawyer admitted in a jurisdiction outside the United States, not disbarred or suspended from practice in any jurisdiction may provide legal services in Arizona that exclusively involve federal law, the law of another jurisdiction, or tribal law.
Rule governing practice of law as published by the American Bar Association:
ABA Rule 5.5(d)(2) states the following:
(d) A lawyer admitted in another United States jurisdiction or in a foreign jurisdiction, and not disbarred or suspended from practice in any jurisdiction or the equivalent thereof, or a person otherwise lawfully practicing as an in-house counsel under the laws of a foreign jurisdiction, may provide legal services through an office or other systematic and continuous presence in this jurisdiction that: (2) are services that the lawyer is authorized by federal or other law or rule to provide in this jurisdiction.